2008년 4월 14일 월요일

This week's question : What is your favorite book?

Would you recommend the book that you like most? It doesn't have to be a English book. I just want to know the book that impressed you most in your life time.

My own answer
: For me, Toji by Park Kyoung Ri is my favorite. I first read that book when I was 17 years old. Actually it was in the middle of my final exam. But after I started to read its first chapter, it was so hard to do something else, even if it was during exam. Also the book has 16 volumes of it so you might guess what happened in my final term. Yeah,,I almost flunked that semester. But the moment that I read the book was one of the exciting moment I had in my high school.

댓글 6개:

Grace :

Hi. I can't forget the books I read in my elementary or middle school days. For example I like "Ann of green gables" the most. The series from 1 to 10 I read in English. While reading the books, I felt my heart become purer. I like " the daddy with long legs". I wanted to look after Judy. Nowdays it's a pity I have no time to read.

alice :

Hi, Kate.
I really want to read some book but I didn't have enough time to read. So I try to read as much as I can during I stay here. These days I read The House of deep front yard by Kim wonil and the story of white elephant by Kritinoe Noestllinger. It reminded me my childhood and gave me the wisdom how to live.
Take good care , Kate.

Clara :

My favorite book is "Gray Notebook" from first chapter of masterpeice "Les Thibault" written by Roger Martin du Gard, a french writer. It's prelude of one family's long history. I like that kind of novel. Dostoevskii or Tolstoy's work I like.

Clara :

My favorite book is "Taebacksanmack" by Jo Jeongrae. It also has 10 volumes which you can't stop reading as long as you start to open it. I also like the book "Gray Notebook" which is a prelude of "Les Thibault(티보가의 사람들)". It was written by a great French novelist "Roger Martin du Gard." The novel also has 10 chapter like Tolstoy's War and Peace. Les Thibault is the story about two brothers who has opposing personalities. There are love, history, family, loneliness, egoism, religion....and so on. It's long story book. I think it's kind of masterpeice.

Gracie's talking club :

Hi, Kate

I was impressed a lot after reading 'Animal farm' which was written by George O'well. The animals in the novel are personfied to some communists. The author wrote this book to criticize corrupted and deprived communism. I read English version twice. To me, it was very touching.

Nicole :

Hi Kate,
I love your picture at the top of the page. I'm reading a great trilogy right now that was the basis for last year's movie "The Golden Compass". The first book is called "The Northern Lights" and it's quite a good story. It was written for children but, like the Harry Potter books, it has an appeal for adults too. The story is about magic, humanity and religion.